Friday, May 28, 2010

I Need Some CHOCOLATE!!

It has been one of those days, few days, weeks... It all started on Monday, Ben called and said that he would be getting a half day on Friday to kick off the 3-day weekend. WooHoo! I started making plans. We would pick the kids up early on Friday and be off. I should have know that once I got plans done for the entire weekend something would come up.
Tuesday Ben finds out that he is going out on a boat Thursday and coming home sometime Sunday. Okay, let's look at the bright side, you are not deployed, you have a good job, and you would be working if you were still a cop. We can deal with this. After school Bodin gets off the bus sobbing. His temp. is 103 degrees. Great, this is cause for worry. I was up all night checking on him and giving him meds to keep that temp. down. He stays home from school on Wednesday, but seems better besides a low grade temp.
Thursday comes around and Ben leaves. McKade starts acting up horribly, I'm thinking that it is probably due to the fact that I am baby-sitting a couple little girls and he is not getting enough attention. He dumps the Lucky Charms on the floor because he wanted more marshmallows. Then he runs and dumps the Cheetos. I put my little Superhero in his room for a time-out. (He enjoys it, so I guess it is actually a time-out for me).



By Thursday night McKade is running a temp. Another night of no sleep. He seems to be getting better by Friday morning. As I watch him during the day, he is not eating or drinking. I thought he had a sore throat. By evening I wrestle him to the floor and while holding a flashlight I peer into his mouth. It is covered in little blister looking things. Okay, off to urgent care we go. Remember Ben is gone so here we ALL go.
We spend a couple of hours down at urgent care to discover he has hand, foot, and mouth disease. It is viral and painful in his mouth and throat. We got drops to numb his mouth. It is very contagious so now we wait for the rest of them to get it. Hopefully before we travel.

And to top if off Ben just texted me to let me know the boat will be later than expected coming back in. Great! And there is no chocolate in this house. I guess I will have to settle for Mtn. Dew.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man that just STINKS! So sorry Shani! I hate times like those...and they ALWAYS happen when dad is MIA...no fun! Hope little McKade feels better soon...we have had that nasty virus in our house...years ago..and it was awful! Hope it ends with him :)

Sanfilippo said...

Boo- poor McKuddles, and poor you! Want me to send you some chocolate chip cookies?

Widdison Warbler said...

Holy Crap! I'm so sorry Shani, I hope you are all doing better. It is hard to do it all alone when the hubby is gone! You just get overwhelmed! Can't wait to see you all this month!