Tuesday, May 18, 2010

One Party Down...

Well, we are always busy the month of May. I have always made my kids have combined b-day parties, but I figured this year I would let them have their very own parties. I thought it would be a good way for them to meet more friends, and I could get to meet their parents. (Their birthdays are May 20th and the 22nd.)
McKinna's party was last Saturday. It happened to start pouring cats and dogs. I was not sure anyone would come. It can really come down here. We did get a few girls here and we had to run to the car with umbrellas to get them into the house. We then had a craft party. We first took their pictures.

We printed these off while the girls worked on decorating wooden picture frames. They painted and scrapbooked their frames. We used Glitz scrapbooking supplies. Thank you Erin, the girls loved your products. We then made notebooks and flower pens. One of the girls told me repeatedly, "Now this is my kind of party!" We had a good time.



Just as a side note I told McKinna that she could open one present on her real birthday before school and the rest after. Of course, I know what the presents are so I know what would be good to open before school. She says to me that she is going to open the one from Brie. I proceed to ask her why. "Because Brie always gets the good ones." Thanks McKinna! Hope you can live up to her expectations Brie. I quit trying 8 years ago:)

3 comments:

The Merkleys said...

The party looks like a lot of fun!! I am so sorry she picked mine it was not so great, it was hard to find something small enough to get on the plane with Landon. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MCKINNA!

Anonymous said...

LOL...that is hysterical! Happy Birthday McKinna! Looks like you had a FABULOUS party!

Sanfilippo said...

Aw looks like the craft party was lots of fun! Hope you had a good birthday McKinna!