Thursday, November 25, 2010

Glasses

McKinna came home from school ecstatic a couple of weeks ago with a note from the school nurse that she failed her eye exam and her eyes were 20/50. Pretty clueless about what this means I immediately called my mom who told me that was pretty bad and I definitely needed to take her in. I took her in a few days later and the prognosis was worse than I thought it would be. Her eyes were actually 20/100 and 20/150. They explained to me that she REALLY needed glasses ASAP. Okay, with all the kids in tow we worked on picking out a pair. McKade must have tried on every pair in the store and left fingerprints there as well. It was hard to give McKinna the attention she needed to pick out the pair she would be happy with. We finally came to a decision and got a cute little pair. So far she has been wearing them faithfully and I hope this will continue when she returns to school next week.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Her glasses look darling on her! Indy had been telling me for a year that he couldn't see. When I FINALLY got him glasses, he came out of the doctor's office and said, "I can see the leaves!" Guilt!

The Merkleys said...

Where did little McKinna go? I like them, she looks so grown up.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the four-eyes club McKinna...you now get to join Dalton and Ashton :) By the way...you look beautiful with four eyes ;)