Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bad Day

I feel like everyone always posts the best days on their blog (me included). I read other peoples blogs and feel like a failure, but I have to keep the perspective the the good days are usually the ones being shared so this one is in light of keeping it "real".
McKade has been perfectly potty trained for about a month. He decided for whatever reason, that he did not want to be potty trained anymore. He started peeing his pants constantly. I finally started to spank him, it did not even phase him. I put him in his room, he hated it, but it did not work either. I put him on my lap to talk to him about it only to feel a warm sensation on my lap as I talked to him, back to your room. I have found that he is a child that craves the positive attention given to him, if he does not get cheered on as he runs to the bathroom and applauded afterwards, then he will go for negative attention. So we are back to being his cheer squad and he is doing much better again. That was a frustrating couple of days.

We were driving under a bridge by the ocean here the other day when Bodin says that he wants to go fishing here with all these people. Ben tells him that they will go fishing in our neighborhood because here under the bridge is where the homeless people live. I point out the shopping carts full of their clothes and other belongings and explain that they do not have jobs or homes so they are homeless. Bodin says that they just do not have jobs because it is a Saturday. Okay, no they do not have jobs any day of the week. McKinna ponders this for a while and comes to the conclusion that we are homeless because we do not "own" our home. Alright, I give-up!

I get a call from a family at church that has been trying to sell their house. They let me know they have just lowered the price on their home and McKinna has told them that we will have to be moving (remember we are homeless). I embarassingly let them know that we will not be moving nor have the credit to buy a home right now. Thanks McKinna!

4 comments:

The Merkleys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Merkleys said...

sorry, I hate days like that. Tell McKinna that she is right you are homeless and to start looking for a shopping cart big enough to hold ALL her stuff.

Anonymous said...

LOL...I shouldn't laugh, but I TOTALLY feel your pain. Ashton told a friend that Sherman has a tattoo and that I gave it to him...WHAT? Seriously! Where do they come up with this stuff? If you are homeless then we can be homeless together...lol.

Jenny said...

DON'T feel like a failure, because if YOU feel that way, then I am definitely in big trouble--since you do everything better than me!

I love you to pieces. Even (and especially) when you're having a crappy day. Here's hoping tomorrow is better. :)