Sunday, June 27, 2010

Galveston

We have been planning to head down to the Galveston beach for a couple of weeks now,but something always seems to come up. Well, here comes Saturday, and I am sick with the flu, Bodin is sick with the flu, and we had to go to the urgent care for McKinna's ear infection. I drugged everybody up and decided that nothing would keep us back (Ben who was feeling well actually decided this). We decided the beach would not be a great idea, but Danielle had sent us some cool info about Galveston. When Hurricane Ike hit the island a few years back it took out almost all the gorgeous live oaks. They wanted to remember them though so they have awesome tree carvings all over the island. We took the challenge to go and find them (we actually had all the addresses).
So off we go. We first went and ate and the beach looked so inviting we decided to go and put our feet in. I had heard that the water in the Gulf is warm, but I have been in many oceans and they are never really warm. I hate cold water. We put our feet in and the water easily had to be in the mid-80's. It looks dirty, but it is super warm. We played and got a little wet. Well, some of them got a lot wet.




We then went on to find the tree carvings. There are a lot of them, but here are some of our faves.






I had to wonder as we went around to these if the people that had them in their yards regretted it a little. There was a constant flow of people going through taking pictures of these and some of them are over fences in their backyards. I was picturing my mom. She would be losing her mind. "These people should not be coming here. This is my yard." I would feel the same way, however we still went and shot some cool pics.

1 comment:

Powells said...

wow, your page looks really good. I love all the pictures, they look amazing. We miss you guys!!!