Tuesday, February 9, 2010

First Day at Mossman



The kids were kind-of excited to start at their new school. Anyone that knows Bodin knows he gets anxiety though so the night before I could tell he was starting to worry. He was really reserved. That morning he did not want to get in the car, going about everything as slow as humanely possible. We get to the parking lot and I ask him what is wrong. He says that he can't stop thinking about his old teacher, Mrs. Adolph and that he misses her. She is a great teacher, but your new teacher seems really nice too. Okay, he decided to get out of the car. McKade at this point, however, decides he does not want to walk, he would rather be carried. What?! McKade never wants me to carry him. Okay two babies in tow and a Bodin that does not want to enter the school...Off we go.
As we enter the office, the ladies are extremely nice, "Wow, you have your arms full!" The librarian then offers to hold Journey. She is at work and not leaving so okay. Now down to drop Bodin off at his class. We enter and I notice that the teacher is not there. "Where is Mrs. Ducket?" "She is out this morning, I am the sub." GREAT! Bodin is now holding on tight and crying, as some strange looking little boy comes up and asks if I am the sub. and then tells Bodin he is weird. Okay little boy, "I am not your sub. but you need to go find your seat. NOW!" The sub. is not sure what to do at this point as I am trying to pry Bodin off of my leg. I let her know she is going to have to hold on to him so I can leave or this may take all day. She finally does it and I run out of the room as fast as possible.
Now to drop off McKinna. We get to her room and she says, "Bye, Mom". She does not need me at all. She can't wait to get into her class. I then go pick up Journey from the nice librarian.
I must say that I love this school. It is called an Education Village and is one of only a few in the nation. The school emcompasses preschool through highschool and each section is separated by gates. They learn by doing center games and do not use textbooks. The kids are loving it, as am I.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

that school sounds amazing! i wish they had one here. poor bodin.

yes, texas rains my friend...a lot! we lived in temple, tx for only 6 months, but we learned enough. when it rains, it pours.

i hope you guys get settled and make good friends! we miss you guys!

Powells said...

Wow, I totally want to move there now!!!! Sounds like a great school, poor boden, I had the same problem when I was growing up. McKinna is just like colton. Thanks for the update, good to see you guys!!!