Thursday, May 7, 2009

"The Old Dog"


Bodin had kindergarden registration last week. He was so excited as I had talked it up with him for weeks. He was not going to get scared. So the time came and they take all the kids back and read them a story and the parents stay out and get some information about the upcoming year. The kids were gone about 40 minutes and all was well. Bodin came back and was so proud of himself. He did not cry or anything (this is a huge step for him). On the way home I asked him what he did and he told me, "some kids wrote their names on a piece of paper, but not me. I drew a picture of an old dog." OH NO! I do have to face these people at work tomorrow. An old dog? Why? He was so proud of himself, so I was also proud (mortified) as any mother would be.

Okay, I know my child is not ready for kinder next year. I have always planned on him doing it twice with the first year as more of a preschool year. I have never wanted him to be one of the youngest in the class. I had told the teachers that he is not ready to start school, but why couldn't he have drawn a picture of me. I at least look like a stick person. I go to work the next day and ask around until I get ahold of his picture. You can't even tell what it is. I love it and copied it and I am proud that it did not have any marks of behavior issues. There were the hitters etc. there. At least mine just had an "old dog".

No comments: