Friday, May 1, 2009

Bowl-a-rama!!











Shani and I were bowling on the Wii and Shani thought she was one bad mama-jama cuz she beat me. So after the game on the Wii we decided it would be fun to take the whole famdamly bowling and see who was going to beat the snot out of who! I happened to talk with Cort Chase just as I was getting home from work and we made a plan to meet at a McDonalds at an undisclosed location to eat and then to the bowl-a-rama.

We ate our steak and lobster dinner provided by Mickie D’s and then arrived at the bowling lanes. The tension between Shani and I was so thick you could cut it with the spork we got from McDonalds. We walked through the door and you could instantly smell the excitement in the air. Pins were flying, people were sweating, and kids were screaming…. It was great! I told the guy behind the counter we needed the bumpers up for the kids so they had a chance of knocking some pins down. We grabbed our coveted bowling shoes and hit lane 28, my lucky number! I punched in everybody’s name on the overhead screen and had no idea how long a bowling game with four kids could last.

The competition between Cort, Nancy, Shani, and I was fierce as ball after ball kept knocking down strikes….. OK I lie, if it weren’t for the damn bumpers I would have had a worse score than the kids. Shani came in a close second to Cort as they were jockeying for first the whole game. I thought I could get the heaviest ball and whirl it down as fast as I could and get a strike every time! WRONG!!!!!! I finally learned to slow the ball down and did a little better. The kids wussed out about half way through the game and I got to “practice” on Bodin's and McKinna's turns.

At the end of the day I didn’t have steak and lobster and Shani kicked the tar out of me in real bowling as well!! It was a good time and look forward toward the rematch, anyone want to go?

4 comments:

ryanfamily said...

Oh, boy, I love to bowl. I'm pretty sure I could beat you, too!! I think my average used to be about 113!! Awesome!! Let us know when the next bowl-a-thon is.

Donna said...

I am horrible at bowling, but love to go with friends and family. Ben it sounds like you and I would be a good bowling match!
Come by and say, hi! Anthony and Natalie are blessing baby Rigdon on June 7...please come join us!
Love,
Mom S

Anonymous said...

Where was the invite for us???????

Anonymous said...

LOL....my money would definitely have been on Shani too. Looks like fun! So glad we could join you...oh wait...we weren't invited....funny!

BTW-that first comment is from Sherm...his feelings are hurt...he is eating his feelings right now!