Thursday, August 25, 2011

School Begins...4th and 2nd

McKinna was secretly excited for her first day of school. She is getting into her appearance all of the sudden (Ben and I are getting worried). First, we had to decide what to do with her hair for the first day. She decided that she wanted it in a messy bun. I needed to practice to make sure I got it right. After my first try, she let me know it was hideous and she wished Brie was here to do her hair. I got it right on my second try. She also wanted it curly, so we put curlers in.

She then needed her nails done. Journey got in on this fun.



McKinna was up by 5 the next morning getting ready. I woke Bodin up at 6:30. He protested getting up, it was too early. I drove them to school for their first day. After they got out McKade cried and cried. I let him know numerous times that he was not going to school, but he was determined. He packed his own backpack with markers and notebooks. He had it on and was ready to go. When he could not join them as they exited the car, the tears came full force. We went to Target to let him pick out some toys to play with at home, Bey Blades of course. The next day he decided that since he could not go to school he would go at it a different route. He begged for Bodin to stay home and play with him. Ha, I do not think so.


2 comments:

Jenny said...

Poor McKade! It's hard being the little guy! And tell McKinna I've never seen anyone look so pretty with curlers in their hair. Cute pics (as always)

The Merkleys said...

I love your hair McKinna your mom did a great job! Glad you two had fun at school