Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fish'n with da boys!

Bodin has been jonesing to go fishing for a while now but it has just been too hot. It has been on his Summer to do list so we had to get it done before school started. I had it planned to go fishing near our house but that Friday night we had a problem at work and I needed to go in Saturday morning. Well that sucks! I knew Bodin would be disappointed and I feared telling him we wouldn't be able to go. I decided that wasn't an option so I decided I would fish while I worked.



Saturday morning came and I got the kids up at 0530 and off we went. We hit the bait shop, the donut shop and then the fishing hole. We arrived at my work, unloaded the car and started hooking up poles. I rigged up McKade's little Wal-mart pole, threw a minnow on the hook and dropped it in the water so I could hook up the next one. As soon as I was done rigging Bodins pole up I noticed McKades bobber was down. I helped McKade reel in his line and found a flounder on the other end, this was going to be a good day! A few hours later we had caught a total of 3 flounder and 2 rock fish. McKade caught the first but Bodin caught the biggest. We took the flounder home and had ourselves a good fish fry. IT was a hard day at work!

No comments: