Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It Begins...

It marks the beginning of McKinna's 3rd grade year and Bodin's 1st grade year. We went to meet the teacher night and as I walked around Bodin's classroom I told Ben that he is either in a "special" class with very few students or they do not have to sit at desks with chairs (there are only 9 chairs in the classroom and one table). I proceeded to question the teacher, Ms. Raymond and she let me know the latter part of my thinking was accurate. They can sit whever they would like. I asked her to keep me informed of how this goes.
We head on over to McKinna's classroom and find the same situation. I know her teacher a little better as she has the same teacher as last year. Her class looped up to 3rd grade. Anyway, I asked her about it and she said that one classroom from each grade level were chosen as the guinea pig class to see how this method worked out. Both of my children are in the guinea pig class. I hope it works. McKinna was excited about it. On her first morning of school she could not wait to get to school and sit "wherever she wants".



There they are all decked out in their new attire head to toe.
McKade, Journey, and I anxiously awaited for them to exit the school bus at the end of the day. They came off with smiles on their face. All is Well! I question Bodin about his day and he responds, "it was not so good."
"What?"
"Well, some of the kids got in trouble."
"Did you?"
"No!"
"Then it was a great day. Pack up and let's go celebrate at IHOP!"

3 comments:

The Merkleys said...

Wow McKinna looks so old. I love there new school cloths. Glad they liked it!

Anonymous said...

Aww...they are so cute! How fun to get to ride the bus...my kids are jealous :) Congrats on a great first day!

Sanfilippo said...

Seriously- I think McKinna has grown 6 inches since last time we saw her! I can't believe she is in 3rd grade. Glad the first day was fun!!