Sunday, April 18, 2010

Nursery


I have been anticipating today for a long time now. The day McKade starts nursery. Ben and I took him in and they were all working on puzzles. Fantastic, McKade likes puzzles and he is good at them. He puts his first few pieces in while I stayed with him and cheered him on. Yeah McKade (we always celebrate after he puts a piece in and then he says mmmmm, which means I need to give him a kiss for doing it). After about the third piece I decided it was time to sneak out. I left him and watched from the door as he did his next piece, but then he threw up his arms to cheer with me, but I was not there. He was not sure what to do. He sat there for a minute looking rather unsure at which point I decided I really better get out of there before he sees me. I did peak in once and he was eating snack very happily. When I picked him up they said that he did really well, he only cried if another child cried, but then he stopped when they stopped. I was so proud of him for doing so well, but at the same time, as a mom it is hard to step back and not cheer them on right then and there. I know this is part of growing up, but it is hard to let go, even in the smallest instances. Good Job McKade!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY McKade. SO NOT FAIR....my kids all bawled and threw fits for 6 months...lol. You got off easy :) LUCKY!