Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Slugs or Sugarbugs?




So, we were watching Harry Potter last night. It was at the part where Ron Weasley tries to put a spell on Malfoy to have him eat slugs and the spell backfires (as Ron's always do) and Ron ends up with slugs coming from his mouth. Bodin then pipes up and says, "Mom, what are those?" "Slugs", I say. You can see Bodin pondering as he replies with "Sugarbugs?"

I see this as a great teaching moment..."Yes, they are sugarbugs!"

Again, Boding takes a few minutes to think this over. His answer..."I brushed my teeth today."

"Yes, you did."

Contemplating once more..."And I did not eat too much junk."

"No, not today."

"I will brush my teeth everyday, and not eat too much junk."

If only I had known years ago that is all it takes to make him brush better and eat healthier.

Lesson learned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...I guess I need to go rent Harry Potter.

Natalie said...

So funny how these little kids internalize some things. Go figure?

Kristin Coppee said...

Thanks for the idea! My girls just wanna' eat crap all day long! I guess it doesn't help that I'm hiding it in my desk drawer. Hey! I've gotta' stay motivated to do my boring typing job somehow!

Maybe I need the Harry Potter movie too.