Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Where does the time go.......

I hate having too much time to think. I always end up thinking about how fast life goes, how fast the kids grow, and how I am almost at the top of the mountain ready to make the tumbling trip back down the other side. Even though I see my family everyday I just can’t help but think they are slipping threw my hands and it really sucks. It seems like yesterday I was in Marine Corps boot camp and moving with Shani to California. Then the next thing I know Shani and I were walking off the plane in Hawaii to start our adventure there.

I can still remember when McKinna was tiny (ok, still tiny). Watching this little person grow counting on me for protection and comfort. I remember being so mad that she was not a boy, then how she melted my heart. I use to turn music on and go dancing around the house with her in my arms singing to her. She would have this big smile on her face laughing and having a great time. I remember when I found out Bodin was a boy and proud he was to show us he was a boy on the ultrasound. He loved to be outside, if he was throwing a fit all you had to do was walk outside and he shut his mouth. Bodin was into balls and trucks from the get go. Next thing I know four years had gone by and we were packing up to move back to Arizona. It was a really stressful decision trying to figure out if I should stay in the USMC or get out. I knew I wanted out but was unsure if it was the right thing. It was really hard to leave Hawaii, it felt so right living there.

It has been almost four years since we moved back to Az. McKinna’s first day of kindergarten was hard for me to accept. She was just growing up to fast and my days off with her were no longer. Next year Bodin will be leaving me for school and that is going to hurt as well because we do everything together, from going shooting to getting a drink at the Quick Trip, that boy is my right had man. I do have one more to take care of on my days off and look forward to having him at my side while I show him the world.

To quote Kenny Chesney “Don’t blink!”

4 comments:

Widdison Warbler said...

I do NOT feel sorry for you! Try having an 18 year old and a grandchild! Talk about time flying! BTW, change your font, it's too hard to read.

Anonymous said...

Awwww....you big teddy bear...lol! Sometimes I think Sherm must have emotions and thoughts about life, but I have no evidence of it...and probably never will...he likes to pretend he has no emotions! You know...you and Shani can keep cranking them out and then you will never be alone..lol!

Natalie said...

Ben, you have always been such a neat guy. I've known that from the moment we met...but your blog, your thoughts display it ten fold. I'm glad you have perspective in life and you love being with your kids. They need you in this life.

Love all the photos on your blog!

Kristin Coppee said...

Wow Ben! A guy who likes to spend time with his kids? A guy who doesn't want them to grow up and leave him? What planet are you from? I wanna' go there and get me a guy! Or at least send my guy there so he can learn the ways!

Your kids are lucky to have you for a dad!