Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Good luck little (big) brother!










Tyler is officially in the United States Navy!! He left for Boot camp on 01/20/09 and I couldn’t be prouder. All we need now is for someone to join the Air Force and Coast Guard (do they count?) and our family will have had someone in all the branches of the Military. My dad is retired ARMY, I was in the MARINES for eight years, and now Ty is in the NAVY.

I am very proud of my service and still wish I was in (kind of ;). You have a different sense of pride for our country when you actually have to defend it, not that I was in Afghanistan or Iraq but I was slotted to go and would have gone willingly if I was not injured (still injured). I know what it is like to be away from your family for long periods of time and it is not fun. My hats off to you Ty, good luck and God speed!
You might ask why the USMC symbol is bigger than the NAVY symbol when the Marine Corps is a department of the Navy. The answer is simple my friends, We are the MENS department of the NAVY!! (actuallly it just came out that way)



2 comments:

Natalie said...

I always get the shivers when thinking about the people I know that serve our country. Yes, I am partial to the Corps, but they all still resemble our country. Good luck Tyler!

CobbMom said...

Thanks Ben, that was really sweet. I am trying to figure out how to print it and send it to him. You are a good brother.
MOM