Saturday, November 22, 2008

Best anniversary yet! Take notes all!

Well, well, well! Ok, I knew our 11th anniversary was coming up and I was determined not to screw this one up. I started early thinking of what to get her. I finally decided to get her a bouquet of chocolate dipped strawberries from edible arrangements. I had to be sneaky about it because Shani likes to watch our bank account dwindle and I know she would see I spent money and where it went. So the day before our anniversary I went online and order the bouquet. I thought this was great because she would receive it in the morning, snack on it all day, then I would take her out to dinner at her fave restaurant, and then if I did good we would play twister J. So the day of comes and I call her around 10am or so to see if she received anything yet but no dice. I call the place up and ask when they will be delivering the goods and they told me some time in the afternoon. OK, no problem, she can still snack, go to dinner, then twister. I call Shani again around 2pm or some time around there and still no fruit, WTC! (What the crap MOM) I remain calm about the situation because we still have a good dinner planed with no kids, they were going with grandma to a football game. Anywho, at approximately 4pm I get a call from edible arrangements to make sure someone would be home because they were going to deliver now, good thing Shani wasn’t waiting all day for them.

I get home a little after 4pm and still no delivery. I get dressed for dinner and we wait and wait and wait some more. I call the place again and ask them what is going on because we have dinner plans and this is starting to take away from it. Lady says she is sorry and the delivery lady should be there any minute. RIIIIIIGHT! 10 minutes go by and still no delivery. I call again and let her know I wasn’t happy and that I needed to leave because we were already late. Then the lady asked me if I would like them to leave the bouquet on the porch, WTF!!! (F=Flip MOM), or with a neighbor and we could get it from them in the morning. I informed the lady the bouquet was for our anniversary and I would like to have if for our anniversary and not the next day. By the way, the bouquet was not cheap. If I would have known it would have taken them this long I would have picked the damn thing up my self on my way home from work!! 5:40pm arrives and brings us the bouquet. I told Shani she had better answer the door because I was D.U.N. done!!!. Shani lets the lady know we weren’t happy and send her packing, go Shani! (If you don’t know the wrath of the DeSpain girls, especially Shani, watch out) So now I am pissed, but at least there is still dinner and…well…TWISTER!!

We go to Shani’s mothers house, drop the kids off and head out to dinner. At least we will have a good time eating. RIIIIGHT! We get to Power and the US60 when we receive a phone call. Apparently McKade is screaming and Shani has the diperbag, goooo Shani! (No I was not mad at her) Well we can’t let our already malnourished Barbie sized child starve so we turn around and head to the football game back in Queen Creek. Now I am really pissed, super hungry and twister is no longer on the mind! L I decided I could still take Shani for some classy food so I stop at TACOBELL for some eats from the drive through and wouldn’t you know, the line is a friggin hour long, what is this Disneyland!! I drive to another Tacobell and same story. We finally ended up going through the drive through of Panda Express (no complaints here) and head to the football game. We arrive at the school and eat in the car because Bodin’s favorite place is Panda and we would not be able to eat. So being the romantic guy I am I pull a candle out, pour two cups of Mountain Dew and we slurp a string of chow mein just like on Lady and the Tramp with the spaghetti. Ok, Ok, I hit the over head lights and we shove Orange Chicken and rice down our throats and sucked down one of the worst tasting Mountain Dews I ever had. Needless to say, we spent the rest of the night at the football game with our kids. Love ya babe, happy anniversary!!!

5 comments:

Monya said...

Ben, You are the funniest! I love your blog. It just REAL LIFE told with with a humerous tone. Thanks! Monya

Kristin Coppee said...

Oh my gosh! I am laughing so hard I'm crying!

I'm sorry to laugh at your situation, but seriously the way you tell it KILLS me! You should write a book! You really should. A man's point of view on life. I would tell everyone to buy it.

Isn't that how it always goes? You try to plan something nice and EVERYTHING goes wrong! I think everyone's been through that. We just so rarely get to hear the guy's version.

I think my favorite part was where you explained your acronyms in parentheses for your mom. Okay. Gotta' go blow my nose now. My whole face is all swollen up from laughing so hard I'm crying.

Natalie said...

So funny! You are starting to rack up some nice points with these celebrations, Ben! But we all know your heart is in the right place. Honestly, don't feel bad...Anth could take some pointers from you!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Widdison Warbler said...

Ha ha ha Twister? What's Twister?