Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's that time of year and Flu season is here!!











Where do I start?? After promising the kids a new toy if they don’t cry when they get there flu shot we were off to the free clinic (they didn’t see us coming). As you can see by the first pic we got there and everything was fine except Bodin was already getting worried by all the screaming kids that had already received their shot. As the time got closer for them to be center stage Bodin was starting to cry at the anticipation of the shot and it didn’t matter what you said to him or what toy you promised him. We watch Landon go first and the boy didn’t even flinch when the needle struck his arm, he was done and happy. Van was next and got railroaded by the shot but I can except this because he is only one years old. Bodin was up next and he was already bawling (there goes his toy) before they even wiped his arm down. They sank the needle into his arm and sent the flu gushing through his veins as he let out a yell but no more than the other kids that had already received theirs.

By this time McKinna was hysterical and it was now her turn, this is where it gets interesting, or funny, or very embarrassing. She started screaming “NO, NO, NO” as she sat down in the chair so I bear hug her. This sets her off more and she starts screaming “NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!” I kinda look around and all eyes are on us. I grab McKinna’s arm a little tighter while she is still screaming “NEVER” to the lady administering the shot. McKinna’s next move puts her into the Cobb Hall Of Fame as she raises her left leg and is about to shove it up the poor ladies nose who is so patiently trying to give her a shot. With my cat like reflexes I wrap one of my legs around hers and I have her in this Anaconda like snake hold before she releases leg of death on this poor lady. Good thing I was a Martial Arts Instructor for the Marine Corps or that lady could have been dead!
McKinna freaks out even more and starts wiggling her arm around so she can’t get the shot. I grab her arm with both of my hands and pin her other arm down by my forearm so she can receive her now well deserved shot. At this point I didn’t even care if she got the actual serum, I just wanted her to get stuck now!! So we have her pinned down and here comes the needle. McKinna freaks out even more because she is watching the needle of death inching closer and closer towards her arm so she starts jerking her arm any which way she could and I almost get stuck. Sooooo, being the calm, cool, collective person you all know I am I Yell “IF I GET STUCK I’M GOING TO BEAT YOU!!!” in front of every mother and child in the room. GOOOO BEN!!! (Number one in the hall of fame) McKinna freezes for a moment and finally gets her shot. I look up and every set of eyes in the room were fixed on me so I say the first thing that comes to my mind “Sorry everybody”, yaaaaaa that made it better! We leave the amputee clinic, I mean shot clinic, and get in the car and the little turds had the audacity to ask if we were going to Target to get them a toy!!!!!! Oh no you didn’t! Needless to say, we went home with crying kids.

6 comments:

Monya said...

Hilarious! You made me laugh and brightened my day. I have had several incidents like that one where I looked like the worst mom ever. Jaiden and I have gone the rounds in public places before, too. Thanks, now I know I am not the only one.
Monya
PS - go to my blog when you have time, I tagged you with Crazy 8's.

The Merkleys said...

You captured the moment but still better in person! Maybe next year McKade can join Landon in target to pick out a toy, McKinna will never be able to come!

The Merkleys said...

Haha, super funny, but after seeing McKinna freak out about having her teeth fall out, I can't say I'm surprised! And that's awesome you were snapping pictures during this experience- they are funny! PS- this is Whitney posting from Brie's blog. Let me in please! My e-mail is: whitsanfilippo@gmail.com
Thanks!

Natalie said...

So funny! I think it's great to journal these "fun times" so McKinna can read about them when she's older!

Anonymous said...

LOL...hilarious! Too bad you didn't have a video camera...looks like fun!

Kristin Coppee said...

Oh, that is just the best! Thank you SO MUCH for letting me read your blog. This is like the best comic relief ever.

I gotta' go get my husband now. He needs to read this. He could use a good laugh.