Monday, May 16, 2011

Kemah, We Finally Did the Rides!

We have been to Kemah Boardwalk many times, but have only done a few of the rides. This time when Ben's parents came we actually did just about all of the rides. We had a blast! McKinna and Bodin did many of the rides that I did not think that they would do, and they loved them. There is a big wooden roller coaster there that Ben, McKinna, and I did. Bodin is not quite big enough and he cried because he really wanted to do it. Maybe in a year or two he will be big enough. I do have to say that it is so rough that it is really not very enjoyable (and I love roller coasters). I felt like I had to work to keep my head attached to my body.







It was super nice that Ben and I actually got to go on some of the adult rides.


McKinna and Bodin went on this crazy spinning ride. I could not believe they wanted to do it over and over again. It made me sick just watching them.


It is always so nice to have Jim there because he will do the rides with all the kids, and they love him for it.

Look closely at Bodin's face in some of these pictures...they crack me up.




We rode the carousel mostly for Journey, but I must state what a wussy baby Journey is. She is scared to death to swing at the park, she is terrified if I have gum in my mouth that I may blow a bubble, and she cried to the point that I got off the carousel with her. She better outgrow this soon or she may be sitting on a park bench at Disneyland just like Brandon did when we were kids while the rest of us have a grand old time on the roller coasters.






We did the rides early in the day so the facepainting was not open. Bodin was devastated. He cried, and whined and complained to the point that we went back later that evening so he could do the facepainting. It was fun, and McKade even decided he wanted one as well.



1 comment:

Sanfilippo said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Love the face-painting :)