Sunday, February 27, 2011

Taking the kids on a BAIT!!

It seems Bodin has caught the fishing bug since our last outing at my work (I know, it was a while ago). He had been buggin me to go fishing for a while at our local "lake" here in the subdivision. So we grabbed the only hotdog we had in the fridge along with our poles and tackle and headed out. We hit the lake hard and Bodin caught the first fish again!!



Not long after Bodin's fish McKinna reeled in another bluegill.



I decided to put on a bigger hook and try for a bigger fish. Hooked my pole up with a bobber and a hunk of hotdog sent it flying with the perfect cast. Bodin and McKinna reeled in a couple more fish when I noticed my bobber was nowhere in sight. I was in the middle of rebaiting McKinna's hook so I had Bodin pick up the pole and give it a good jerk to set the hook and reel'er in. Bodin and the fish had a good fight but in the end Bodin prevailed and pulled in a monsterous catfish!!



Seven fish in one hour seemed to be a good time to stop, especially since McKade was starting to get ornery. It was a good time with the kids and we caught a good amount of fish. The kids want to go again next weekend so I would say it was a successfull BAIT!

No comments: