Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Poor Torture

I am sitting here at 1:05 am going crazy because Ben has Bodin down at the emergency room. He has been sick for the past two days with sore throat, coghing, stomach ache, and a low grade fever. It got higher last night and I figured it would break and he would get better... so about 9:00 pm I gave him some medicine and put him to sleep on the couch. I woke up to some weird whimperings about midnight and brought him to my bed. He felt super hot and started talking to me about him chasing the dog around. I had Ben run and grab the thermometer and it was repeatedly reading between 106 and 107. He was not focusing well on me and Ben would ask him simple questions such as 3+1 which he responded was 11. Okay, off to the emergency room. Ben wanted to take him so here I sit with the other kids coughing in their sleep in the background behind me while I wait impatiently calling Ben every few minutes waiting for him to see the doc. (On the way to the emergency room he was telling Ben that he was chasing McKade... no, my dear you are in the car on the way to the hospital and McKade is at home in bed). They have taken him right back so hopefully it will not be too long.
It is now 1:46 which has seemed like an eternity and they have done blood work and x-rays so hopefully they can figure out what is going on. And the time is still ticking away painfully slow. Ben says that he is acting normally now.

No comments: