Friday, December 10, 2010

BECAUSE IT'S ONE, TWO, THREE STRIKES YOU'RE OUT



Since we missed Soccor sign-ups we enrolled Bodin into coach pitch baseball. Having never played baseball, we went to the store and bought a bat, glove, helmet, and some youth baseballs to whip Bodin into tip top shape for baseball. Ok, ok, I was just hoping we could at least make it so he was not scared of the ball.

It started off pretty bad as Bodin would move out of the way everytime a ball came his way. So to overcome his fear of the ball I made an offer he couldn't refuse. I told him everytime he "dodged" the ball I was going to beam him with another (I had six balls all together). Bodin learned real quick that I wasn't lying.

Bodin did really good and got better with every pratice and every game. Bodin only struck out once and got a couple of people out while playing the field. Every time Bodin was up to bat his teammates would chant his name "BODIN, BODIN, BODIN", you should have seen the smile on his face. In the end they only lost one game. After the first pratice I became the pitcher for our team. I actually did pretty good, only hit a couple of kids but no harm no foul right? This picture is not of the whole team as not all showed up for that particular game. And yes, that kid is grabbing his weiner! Good job Bodin!

No comments: