Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"I Did It!"


McKade came up to me last Friday and told me he had to poop. He does this all the time, but he never really wants to sit on the potty. I am fine with that as he is not two until next month. My parents are also coming to visit in a few weeks, so I did not want to have to deal with a kid peeing all over the place as we are trying to go out and do stuff. I decided if he is telling me he has to go, I will take off his diaper to see what happens. Well, it took a while, but he peed all over the floor. OF COURSE, RIGHT?! Well, since he had not pooped, I decided not to put a diaper on him yet. The strangest thing happened he told me he had to pee, and he did it, over and over again. No accidents. He did take a couple of days to get the poop thing down, but he is done. Easiest kid ever. He even wears his underwear to bed. I did not want to do this post, afraid that it would backfire on me, but I figured if he is still into it and it has been almost a week, I guess he is done! I sure do love this kid. When he makes his mind up about something he does it! We just have to hope he makes his mind up to do good! GO McKade!!!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

WHAT THE WHAT, is McKade some kind of super kid or something???? I'm am way impressed!

Donna said...

Congrats, McKade! Hey, I love your blog...I have been awful with mine...just not interested for now, but I love to view my family and friend's.
I'm getting ready to do Christmas Stockings...send me Journey's correct spelling of her name and your street address.
Sure love you guys...you have a beautiful, sweet family!
Mom Schaub

Anonymous said...

YAY...good job McKade!

Sanfilippo said...

Wow, super impressive! Can he teach Roman to do that?

The Merkleys said...

Hooray for you only one left in diapers :)