Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Galveston

Jim and Danielle came to visit us and while they were here we spent some time in Galveston. I love Galveston. I enjoy the old-time feel of it, I like to be surrounded by the ocean, and you can always find something down there to do. Here is a little of what we did...




See what I mean by the houses. I could drive around all day just looking at these cool houses.
We toured one house. It is called the Bishop's House. It was amazing to see how advanced the building was when this house was built. Everything is more advanced if you are rich:) As we toured I could just imagine what it would have been like to have the servants catering to this family. Beautiful, beautiful house.


One thing that is hard to see is the destruction that Galveston suffered from Ike. You will find Ike water lines around Galveston. You can also see the damage done to this hotel. I find it interesting that I heard so much about Hurricane Katrina and Louisiana and so little about Ike here in Texas.


1 comment:

The Merkleys said...

Holy Cow Ben and McKade look a lot a like in those last pictures.