Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving around these parts gets pretty crazy. The whole event starts on Wednesday night with a Korean dinner at my Aunt Holly's house. The food is amazing and it is fun to see family that we have not seen since last Thanksgiving. We then went down to the airport to pick up Ben. The kids could not wait to see him. It was crazy down at the airport, but the kids did not care as they jumped out at the curb to give daddy a hug. It was late by the time we got home, and the kids were asleep so we carried them up to bed.
We had to get up early the next morning since the anal docs won't let me miss an appointment. Of course, all of the offices are closed so off to the hospital on Dobson and the 60. We get there and they made us do all of the registration stuff, I am not planning on delivering there, but they want to be ready anyway. Then the ultrasound lady was late so we spend a good 2 hours of our Thanksgiving at the hospital. I am thankful that Journey passed all of her tests though and we got to come home. I am also thankful to everyone that has taken turns to help out with my other three. I really appreciate it and my kids do too.
Then we got to spend some time with Ben's family and see Grandma Magee for a little bit and Tony. Wow, Tony looks amazing coming back from Afghanistan. He left half of his body weight over there and grew some muscles, even though he is too embarrassed to let us see them. I have never seen Tony so embarassed. He is always the one that does the embarassing.
Off to Thanksgiving at my mom's house. This is where the craziness really begins. We get together with all of my mom's wonderful side of the family and eat, and eat, and eat.

The men then play football and we go through ads to get ready for Black Friday.

We started off Black Friday by meeting at Kohl's at 4. It was fun, after this we headed over to Target. This was crazy and even though we were there when the doors opened, everything was pretty much gone. Going through one of the aisles though I hear a voice, "Shani, I did not expect to see you out this morning. How is the baby doing?" I look up, and think OH NO! It is my ulrasound lady. I am not suppose to be doing much and I do not do very well on the whole stay home and take it easy thing. Now I am caught, Ha Ha!

I look forward to the rest of the weekend and dread Ben going home on Sunday. I am very thankful that he got to be here and I am also thankful for all of the wonderful blessings in my life including my wonderful family (extended and immediate).

2 comments:

Widdison Warbler said...

Too funny! Did your ultrasound tech say anything to you??? ha ha
You are right, Tony is the one to embarrass everyone! But I'm glad he, as you said, left half of his body in Afghanistan! Thanks for letting us have Ben for the wedding. I'm sure it was hard for you to have the 3 kids by yourself there, but I appreciate you coming and letting Ben take our photos.
Love you!

Powells said...

Looks like so much fun! I love Mckades face in the family pic! He is a Ham!! You guys look great. I hope everything goes well with the baby on its way. We love you guys!!