Thursday, February 5, 2009

Gone fishing!!















Uncle Tommy had a great idea today and invited us to go fishing. I loaded the kids up and we headed out for a fun couple of hours of man vs. wild!! It was Bodin, McKade, Uncle Tommy Boy, and I with two kiddy poles and one man pole. We baited up the kid poles with tiny hotdogs with cheese in them and cast them out to the depths of the bottomless lake and waited. While waiting I started getting the man pole ready so I could try my luck at the bass I had seen there some months ago. I decided to use a top water lure that had two treble hooks on it. I just about had it tied on when Bodin, in the middle of his fishing dance, came running across my line. I feel the line go tight and the next thing I know my lure goes zipping out of my hands and into my palm! Yup, off to a great start. Luckily it didn’t stick me too good and I was able to tie it off and start fishing.

Well, while I was with my man pole going after man size fish Uncle Tom yelled “I got one” WTH!! (what the heck). Tommy Boy hands the pole off to Bodin and it was on. The epic battle between fish and boy went for a good 3-4 minutes till Bodin finally wrestled in a good sized catfish. My boy’s first fish, I was so proud you can almost see a teardrop in my eye! Bodin ended up catching 3 more good sized fish, one giving him a really good fight, before we had to leave. If push came to shove we would have been able to eat that day because Bodin and his kiddy pole caught all the fish and I got skunked!!!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Ben,
I love your fishing blog...Bodin must be a natural for fishing! What a cutie! Hey, I changed/added a few photos to my Hawaii Post..you might want to check it out.
Love ya,
Mom S

Kristin Coppee said...

Where were you fishing at? My husband wants to go fishing and we don't know where to go.

Love that you call your fishing pole the "man pole". That is hilarious!

Monya said...

That looks like is was a great time.