Thursday, March 31, 2011

Screaming!

McKinna's class is doing a science project studying soil samples. McKinna, of course, waits until it is 8:30 at night to go out to get her sample from the backyard. She never wants to go alone. We were all busy so I told her to put on Ben's headlamp and get out there. Off she went, hesitantly. After about 30 seconds we hear a bloodcurdling scream. It continues for about 30 seconds while she unsuccessfully tries to open the back door. With the scream she let out Ben and I were both thinking a snake must be out there. No, it was just a baby opossum. It cracks me up the different reactions we have. I would rather stand quiet as can be and hope whatever creature it is does not see me. McKinna just lets loose and wants the world to come and rescue her. I am surprised the neighbors did not run over to see if we were killing her. It really was that bad!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Awwwww, so cute! (But I have to admit I'm a screamer too, maybe not for 30 seconds though).