Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

I had a wonderful birthday this year, my friend Jenny insisted on taking the kids so Ben and I could go out to dinner, and I am soooo glad she did. I always feel bad leaving my kids with anyone. Four kids is kind of overwhelming and on a school night, that is asking a lot. It was great to go out and actually enjoy dinner with Ben.
Brie always says that she lost her birthday when she had Landon on her birthday. It is always more about your child than yourself. I totally understand this now with McKade's birthday the day after mine. I spend my birthday getting ready for McKade's (making the cake, planning his day, wrapping his presents, etc.) I must say that I enjoy doing this too, but it sure was nice getting away from it all for a few hours.
Here's to another great year!

2 comments:

The Merkleys said...

Happy Birthday, I am glad you and Ben got to go out alone! Losing your day is so worth it isn't it?!

Anonymous said...

Dangit...forgot to call you and my other sis-in-law on your birthdays! Sounds like you had some well-deserved time off from the kids :) Happy Belated Birthday!